thank you for your help, appreciate it, I'm gonna use statefulsets

On Friday, January 6, 2017 at 1:09:56 AM UTC-5, Tim Hockin wrote:

> On Thu, Jan 5, 2017 at 9:52 PM, Montassar Dridi
> <montass...@gmail.com <javascript:>> wrote:
> >

> > On Thursday, January 5, 2017 at 11:17:26 PM UTC-5, Tim Hockin wrote:

> https://github.com/kubernetes/kubernetes/tree/master/examples/mysql-wordpress-pd

> >> "connected" via a Service or in the same Pod?
> >

> > -> yes via service and each one have it's own "Deployment" so separate
> pods

> and
> >>
> >> PDs are only able to be mounted read-write by one pod at a time.
> >> That's just a limitation of the block device+filesystem interface.
> >

> > -> exactly, that's why I need to automatically generate a new PD unique
> for
> > every newly created pod.

> >> Why do you want a new PD for each replica?  If it is new, then the
> >> "persistent" nature of it is not valuable, and you can just use plain
> >> inline volumes instead of a claim.  But if it is going to be released
> >> with the pod, why use a PD at all?  why not just use emptyDir?
> >

> > ->The reason I'm creating new pods, is trying to anticipate what happens
> if
> > I turn the Horizontal Pod auto-scaling on. Also I want all the pods to
> be
> > consistent with each other, if I modify one, I want them all to get the
> same
> > changes.
>
> But why do you need PERSISTENT volumes, if you say you want "unique new"
> disks?

> explain

> the
> that.

> all
> pod.,

> it,
> kubernet...@googlegroups.com.

> https://groups.google.com/group/kubernetes-users.

> > --
> <javascript:>.
> > Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/kubernetes-users.

  • Re: [kubern... 'Vishnu Kannan' via Kubernetes user discussion and Q&A
    • Re: [k... Montassar Dridi
      • Re... 'Tim Hockin' via Kubernetes user discussion and Q&A
        • ... Montassar Dridi
          • ... 'Tim Hockin' via Kubernetes user discussion and Q&A
            • ... Montassar Dridi
              • ... 'Tim Hockin' via Kubernetes user discussion and Q&A
              • ... Montassar Dridi
              • ... 'Tim Hockin' via Kubernetes user discussion and Q&A
              • ... 'Filip Grzadkowski' via Kubernetes user discussion and Q&A
              • ... Montassar Dridi