cos-stable-59 upgraded the built-in kubelet to 1.6, which replaced the
deprecated flag `--config` with `--pod-manifest-path`. https:/
/github.com/kubernetes/kubernetes/pull/40048/commits/
bec6635ccc05b1f02c9971ec9bf529faac0b9ca1

We're fixing this at our end. For the interim, updating
/etc/default/kubelet should work.

--
Best,
Daniel