EXPOSE 8080
ENTRYPOINT python3 -u manage.py runserver 0.0.0.0:8080

And then I launch it on k8s like so:

kubectl run custom-django-app --image="<private-registry>:5000/custom-django-app"
kubectl expose deployments custom-django-app --port 8080 --type NodePort

Any idea where I'm going wrong?

Thanks,

DR

On 2017-08-10 1:15 pm, Brandon Philips wrote:
Hello David-

Can you share the code to your app? Something about the app requires a
TTY to print out logs.

Alternatively, add `tty: True` to the PodSpec
https://kubernetes.io/docs/api-reference/v1.7/#podspec-v1-core

Brandon

On Wed, Aug 9, 2017 at 9:30 AM David Rosenstrauch <dar...@darose.net>
wrote:

I'm running a python process (django server) in a pod, which writes
its
output to stdout, but attempting to view the logs with "kubctl logs"
shows nothing.

I'm similarly unable to view the logs when I run it as a standalone
docker process (i.e., using "docker logs") - unless I run the docker
container using "-dt", at which point I can see the logs just fine
using
"docker logs".

The problems, here though, are:

1) kubectl doesn't have a flag combo of -dt that I can use to launch
the
container.
2) If I try to use kubectl to launch using just "-t", it forces me
use "-i" as well - which then puts me into interactive mode, which
is
not what I want.
3) It seems like I'm doing something wrong here - i.e., I shouldn't
need
to be jumping through all these hoops altogether to be getting log
output.

Can anyone please advise what's the correct way to handle this?

Thanks,

DR

Visit this group at
https://groups.google.com/group/kubernetes-users.