An image tag is resolved to a concrete content addressable identifier. So,
1.7.9 is just an easy human understandable shortcut to the content address
of f01bde0.

The OCI spec sort of explains it here:
https://github.com/opencontainers/image-spec/blob/master/image-layout.md#indexjson-file

Brandon

On Thu, Sep 7, 2017 at 11:10 PM Yong Zhang <hiscal2...@gmail.com> wrote:

> The 'digital' in title should be 'digest'
>

> On Friday, 8 September 2017 13:55:35 UTC+8, Yong Zhang wrote:
>>
>> Hi, all
>>
>> I have a very tricky issue here, I defined image with tag in
>> deployment.yaml like this:
>>
>> apiVersion: apps/v1beta1kind: Deploymentmetadata:
>>   name: nginx-deploymentspec:
>>   replicas: 3
>>   template:
>>     metadata:
>>       labels:
>>         app: nginx
>>     spec:
>>       containers:
>>       - name: nginx
>>         image: nginx:1.7.9
>>         ports:
>>         - containerPort: 80
>>

>> After pods created, found images was pulled with
>> nginx:@sha256:f01bde0e7c010304b9637f8d1ef8843082002531a77077a18aaa56e65bd100d6,
>> not expected nginx:1.7.9
>>
>> Can anyone tell me why this happening? Thanks a lot.   (Kubernetes
>> version 1.7.2)

CTO, CoreOS, Inc
Tectonic is enterprise Kubernetes
https://coreos.com/tectonic