A Java applet on the Kubuntu download site could help the users by determening
what system they have 32 or 64 bit. But this assumes that they have Java
installed.

Also there are JavaScript ways to do this:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1741933/detect-64-bit-or-32-bit-windows-from-user-agent-or-javascript[1]

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1153427/reliably-detecting-os-architecture-in-a-windows-desktop-gadget[2]

For example the download page of Google Chrome.

Then again, this assumes that this is the PC that the user wants Kubuntu on.

Cu stimă,
Ovidiu-Florin Bogdan
GeekAliens.com[3]

--------