Hi Rusty.

On Sat, Sep 29, 2007 at 11:06:51PM +1000, Rusty Russell wrote:
> On Thu, 2007-09-27 at 11:18 +0200, Avi Kivity wrote:
> > The whole drivers/kvm/ thing was just a trick to get merged quickly.  I
> > think the new layout should be something like
> >
> >   virt/kvm/, include/linux/kvm*.h -> common code
> >   virt/lguest/ -> the other hypervisor
> >   virt/virtio/ -> shared I/O infrastructure
> >   virt/ -> the CONFIG_VIRTIALIZATION menu
> >   arch/x86/kvm/, include/asm-x86/ -> x86 specific code
> >   arch/ia64/kvm/, include/asm-ia64/ -> ia64 specific code
>
> The problem with this separation is that module source cannot span
> directories (at least, not that I could find).

That's supported but not in the most elegant fashion.
In your Makefile in the top-level directory
just specify the relevant .o files in the subdirectories.
So you would have:
lguest-y := file.o
lguest-y += dir/foo.o
lguest-y += dir2/bar.o

obj-$(CONFIG_...) := lguset.o

If you have trouble making this work drop me a mail and I
will try to help with a more specific example.

        Sam