Hollis Blanchard wrote:
>> I don't know the privious story about this thread, but now I can't
>> understand the move. Why do we move all the structure to arch-specific ?
>> For IA64 side, almostly we can reuse them directly, and just see some
>> special fields as arch-specific. So, I think, we should keep common
>> fields in kvmctl.h.
>>

> Are you suggesting that kvm_callbacks should be the union of all
> callbacks used on all architectures, and for any given architecture only
> a subset are actually used?

I think two separate callback structures would make more sense.

Quite a few of the callbacks should have common implementations.  For
instance, all of the io callbacks and the io_window callback should be
the same.  I would expect most architectures have a concept of a "halt"
so that should probably be the same too.  That pretty much covers the
majority of the callbacks structure :-)