On Wed, Mar 12, 2008 at 08:13:41PM +0200, Izik Eidus wrote:
> this patch simply register the mmu cache with the shrinker.

Hi Izik,

Nice.

I think you want some sort of aging mechanism here. Walk through all
translations of a shadow page clearing the referenced bit of all
mappings it holds (and moving pages with any accessed translation to the
head of the list).

Because the active_mmu list position only indicates the order in which
those pages have been shadowed, not how frequently or recently they have
been accessed.

And then have a maximum number of pages that you walk (nr_to_scan) on
each shrinker callback run. Oh, I don't think you want to free more than
one page on each run (right now you can free a large of chunk per run).