I was wondering if anyone could reproduce my problem.  If it is
reproduceable, then I'll file a bug.

I am using e1000 ethernet adapters on Windows 2003 and Linux guests.
The line to set it up is something like this:

  -net nic,vlan=1,macaddr=00:ff:21:cf:91:01,model=e1000 \
    -net tap,vlan=1,ifname=tap.br1.91.1

On Linux, this works just fine.  However, on Windows 2003, the mac
address for the device is reported as 00:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff and the packets
carry this mac address as well.  The corresponding tap device has the
correct IP address, however.  This problem is definitely tied to using
Windows 2003 with a e1000 device.  If I use the rtl8139 device, Windows
reports the correct mac address.  When booting the same VM with a Linux
bootable CD and the e1000 device, Linux reports the correct mac address
as set in the qemu command.  It's the combination of Windows 2003 and
the e1000 device that causes the problem.

Has anyone else seen this problem?  Thanks in advance.

--
Alberto Treviño
[EMAIL PROTECTED]