On Wednesday 23 April 2008 01:09:25 pm Michael Lilie (mlilie) wrote:
> Fedora8, Windows 2008 see the MAC address correctly with an e1000
> interface.
>
> But in Windows 2003 with e1000, the last four bytes of the MAC
> address are always FF:FF:FF:FF.
> The first two bytes can be either what I set or FF:FF (and then it
> doesn't pass traffic),
> and that can change on each reboot of the guest.
> info network always shows the MAC address I set.

The solution is to download and install the PRO/1000 MT drivers from
Intel.  Once the new drivers are installed, shut down the VM and start
it up again.  That will clear any FF's left on the mac and bring up the
correct mac address.

Thanks to Michael Lilie and David Mair for helping me verify this
problem and find the solution.

--
Alberto Treviño
[EMAIL PROTECTED]