On 30.05.14 01:50, Christian Zigotzky wrote:
On 29.04.2014 11:14, Alexander Graf wrote:

On 28.04.14 16:19, Christian Zigotzky wrote:
Hi Alex,

Thanks a lot for your answer. I checked dmesg yesterday but I didn't find any error messages about MOL or KVM. I played a bit with the emulated CPU types but without any success. I tried the VNC output and it works but it didn't solve the boot problem of Mac OS X. I have figured out, that there is a verbose mode. I have activated it in the molrc.osx (cmdline "-v"). I have started 2 MOL sessions. The first with Jaguar and the second with Tiger. Unfortunately, both aren't booting to the end.

Screenshot:

http://amigaworld.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?mode=viewtopic&topic_id=37652&forum=34&start=60&viewmode=flat&order=0 http://forum.hyperion-entertainment.biz/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=2255&p=27368#p27368

Both are running in the G3 mode (molrc.osx: processor: G3). The G4 mode doesn't work because MOL told me that AltiVec is unavailable; reverting to G3 mode. But AltiVec was activated in the molrc.osx. Do you have another idea, please?

Have a nice week and thanks in advance.

Please don't top post.

Not sure what's going wrong here. Maybe the MOL patchery to circumvent split real mode doesn't work? Maybe there's something not working with the dcbz32 patchery?

You could try to trace the guest through /sys/kernel/debug/tracing and see where it's stuck. You can also tell XNU to be more verbose by passing in a debug= parameter - though I don't remember the exact syntax anymore.
Hi Alex,

I have traced a Mac OS X Tiger guest. I have started it in the single user mode. Sometimes I get a shell. But the cpu load rise up to 100% and I can't enter any commands.

Screenshot: http://forum.hyperion-entertainment.biz/download/file.php?id=1205&mode=view

Trace log: http://forum.hyperion-entertainment.biz/download/file.php?id=1204

Could you look in the trace log, please? I can do more tests if you like.

$ echo 1 > /sys/kernel/debug/tracing/events/kvm/enabled
$ echo 1 > /sys/kernel/debug/tracing/events/kvm_pr/enabled
$ cat /sys/kernel/debug/tracing/trace_pipe > /dev/shm/trace &
$ start_mol -X

then check out /dev/shm/trace :).

Alex