Hi,

On Thu, Oct 02, 2008 at 03:33:58PM +0300, Avi Kivity wrote:
> Alex Williamson wrote:
>>> It works, so I pushed it out.  Alex, can you rebase your bios patches
>>> on top of current HEAD?
>>>

>> I updated and resent the first patch in the 4 patch follow-on to this
>> one.  The remaining 3 patches still apply cleanly.  I think Sheng was
>> going to send out a patch to better follow the SDM when changing the
>> MTRRs, but the first 3 patches are independent of that.  Thanks,
>>

> Applied all, thanks.

As an aside, is there any interest in using SeaBIOS with kvm?

SeaBIOS is a port of bochs bios to gcc.  I've been using SeaBIOS
(along with coreboot) to boot and provide bios functions on real
hardware.  It works fine under qemu also.

I looked at the changes that kvm has in its local bochs bios repo.
Most of the code is the same, however I noticed a number of msr
settings which I didn't fully understand.

If there is interest, the source code repository can be pulled by
running:

git clone git://git.linuxtogo.org/home/seabios.git

There is a git browser at:

http://git.linuxtogo.org/?p=kevin/seabios.git;a=summary

And some precompiled binaries at:

http://linuxtogo.org/~kevin/SeaBIOS/