On Fri, 03/14 04:46, Shiva wrote:
> Hello,
> I am working on building an Storage Intrusion Detection System(SIDS) App
>
> inside a VM on KVM hypervisor.
>
> I wanted I/O's from other vm's to first contact this App VM and
>
>  then finally write to the  disk.I went with the network storage as
>
>  an option to achieve this objective. But wanted to know what  about
>
> I/O's that are not a shared on NFS-share for example? How can
>
> I intercept these I/O/'s ? As the guest VM will be having its own virtual
> disk
>
> and can write to its own partitions that are not part of NFS share.
>
> I know modifying Qemu could be other options here.(Like developing a
>
>  driver or adding redirection of I/O). But I have a time constraint here and
>
>  unlikely to achieve it by this way.
>
> Looking forward to your help/comments.Thanks

Not sure I understand it correctly, but this sounds doable to backend.

If you want to intercept the IO's from other VM, can you move the location of
its virtual disk and let them access throught your NFS you App VM can control?

If you only want to observe the IO, you can mirror the writes to a target on
the NFS.

Thanks,
Fam