On Wed, Apr 22, 2015 at 9:51 AM, Catalin Vasile
<catalinvasil...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 22, 2015 at 11:20 AM, Stefan Hajnoczi <stefa...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Yes, I agree.
>>
>> The limitations of AF_ALG need to addressed somehow, so what is the next
>> step?
>>
>> Stefan
>
> If we want a mainstream userspace backend that could interact with a
> lot of crypto engines, we could use OpenSSL (it can actually use
> cryptodev and AF_ALG as engines).
> For now, until mid June (my diploma project presentation) I still want
> to use vhost as a backend for the sole purpose of having a finished
> backend which now I have a good grasp upon.

I understand.

Once you have a first approximation of the new virtio crypto device
interface, I suggest continuing the discussion with the VIRTIO working
group:
https://www.oasis-open.org/committees/tc_home.php?wg_abbrev=virtio#feedback

If you send a virtio spec proposal you can get feedback.

Stefan