On Thu, Oct 08, 2015 at 07:59:56PM +0800, charlie.song wrote:
>     We recently try to use Linux AIO from guest OS and find that the IOthread
> mechanism of Qemu-KVM will reorder I/O requests from guest OS
> even when the AIO write requests are issued from a single thread in order.
> This does not happen on the host OS however.

I think you are describing a situation where a guest submits multiple
overlapping I/O requests at the same time.

virtio-blk does not guarantee a specific request ordering, so the
application needs to wait for request completion if ordering matters.

io_submit(2) also does not make guarantees about ordering.

Stefan