Excerpts from Michael Goldish's message of Mon May 11 16:00:29 -0300 2009:

> ----- "Eduardo Habkost" <ehabk...@redhat.com> wrote:

<snip>
> > Also, can't the install rule be used on the cartesian configuration
> > file? In this case, the install parameters may be specified on a
> > different config rule.
>
> It's certainly possible. We chose to put kvm_install in the control
> file because currently it's the only test we run only once per job.
> There is no natural place for kvm_install in kvm_tests.cfg because
> everything else there gets multiplied.

True. I haven't thought of that.

> > For example, the Fedora project could use it like this:
> >
> > cvs_server = "cvs.fedoraproject.org:/..."
> > variants:
> >   - CVSF10:
> >     cvs_branch = F10
> >   - CVSF11:
> >     cvs_branch = F11
> >   - CVSRawhide:
> >     cvs_branch = devel
> >

> > variants:
> >   - install:
> >     type = kvm_install
> >     mode = custom
> >     install_command = "install_from_fedora_cvs.sh"
> >   - ...
> >
> > I used Fedora CVS as an example, but the user may use anything we can
> > imagine, to store KVM code (or pointer to its), possibly having
> > different branches.
>
> This can be done, though the order and syntax of the 'variants' blocks
> should be different, more like:
>
> variants:
>   - kvm_install:
>     cvs_server = "cvs.fedoraproject.org:/..."
>     type = kvm_install
>     mode = custom
>     install_command = "install_from_fedora_cvs.sh"
>   - everything_else_in_kvm_tests.cfg:
>         <tests>
>         <guests>
>         <smp/up>
>         <ide/scsi/virtio_blk>

We could have something to make it easier to build test runs like ,
without having to nest the whole original file. But I can't think of a
good solution.

> variants:
>   - CVSF10:
>     kvm_install:
>         cvs_branch = F10
>   - CVSF11:
>     kvm_install:
>         cvs_branch = F11
>   - CVSRawhide:
>     kvm_install:
>         cvs_branch = devel
>
> # test sets
> variants:
>     - nightly:
>
> That is, assuming you want to
> - install KVM from F10 branch
> - run all tests
> - install KVM from F11 branch
> - run all tests
> - install KVM from devel branch
> - run all tests
>
> If you meant something different please correct me.

Yeah. I am not really used to the configuration file format, but that
was the idea.  :)
--
Eduardo