I don't think you need to explicitly check for a memory allocation
failure in VM.create() ("qemu produced some output ...").
VM.create() already makes sure the VM is started successfully, and
prints informative failure messages if there's any problem.

----- "Lukáš Doktor" <ldok...@redhat.com> wrote:

> This patch adds kvm_hugepage variant. It prepares the host system and
> start vm with -mem-path option. It does not clean after itself,
> because
> it's impossible to unmount and free hugepages before all guests are
> destroyed.
>
> There is also added autotest.libhugetlbfs test.
>
> I need to ask you what to do with change of qemu parameter. Newest
> versions are using -mempath insted of -mem-path. This is impossible to
> fix using current config file. I can see 2 solutions:
> 1) direct change in kvm_vm.py (parse output and try another param)
> 2) detect qemu capabilities outside and create additional layer
> (better
> for future occurrence)

I'll have to think about this a little before answering.