On 09/09/2009 03:16 PM, Avi Kivity wrote:
Oh and I forgot - please make MCE injection optional. Some installations may prefer to kill the guest and have the virtualization management system restart it rather than trust the guest to handle the MCE properly.

Thinking a little more about it, they can configure the guest to panic/reboot on MCE rather than kill the affected process if they don't trust the guest service control. So we can enable it unconditionally.