On 09/16/2009 04:09 AM, Huang Ying wrote:
On Mon, 2009-09-14 at 13:10 +0800, Avi Kivity wrote:
On 09/14/2009 05:55 AM, Huang Ying wrote:
Hi, Avi,

On Thu, 2009-09-10 at 17:35 +0800, Andi Kleen wrote:

(also, I if we can't handle guest-mode SIGBUS I think it would be nice
to raise it again so the process terminates due to the SIGBUS).

For SIGBUS we can not relay to guest as MCE, we can either abort or
reset SIGBUS to SIGDFL and re-raise it. Both are OK for me. You prefer
the latter one?

I think a suitable error message and exit would be better than a plain
signal kill. It shouldn't look like qemu crashed due to a software
bug. Ideally a error message in a way that it can be parsed by libvirt etc.
and reported in a suitable way.

Do you agree with us about SIGBUS processing?

Yes.
Do you have some other issue for this patch?

No - but Marcelo is committing this week (we are alternating maintainership every week), maybe he didn't see this, copying him.