It's only in qemu-kvm.git. Maybe it should go into qemu-kvm-0.12.4 if there is one

Sent from my iPhone

On Mar 25, 2010, at 9:37 PM, Kenni Lund <ke...@kelu.dk> wrote:

2010/1/9 Alexander Graf <ag...@suse.de>:

On 09.01.2010, at 03:45, Ryan C. Underwood wrote:

I have a multifunction PCI device that I'd like to pass through to KVM. In order to do that, I'm reading that the PCI memory region must be 4K-page aligned and the PCI memory resources itself must also be exact multiples
of 4K pages.

I have added the following on my kernel command line:
reassign_resources reassigndev=08:09.0,08:09.1,08:09.2,08:09.3,08:09.4

But I don't know if it has any effect.  The resources are still not
sized in 4K pages.  Also, this seems to screw up the last device.

I submitted a patch to qemu-kvm recently that got rid of that limitation. Please try out if the current git head works for you.

Alex--

I just upgraded to kernel 2.6.32.10 with qemu-kvm  0.12.3 and I still
get the following error when trying to pass through a dedicated PCI
USB card:

"Unable to assign device: PCI region 0 at address 0xe9403000 has size
0x100,  which is not a multiple of 4K
Error initializing device pci-assign"

Didn't the above patch make it into qemu-kvm? I don't know why, but I
was under the impression that this was fixed when I upgraded to
qemu-kvm 0.12.3.

Thanks

Best Regards
Kenni