On 02/27/2013 05:44 PM, Michael S. Tsirkin wrote:
+Using qemu (supported since qemu 1.3):
+qemu-system-x86_64 -enable-kvm -device pc-testdev -serial stdio -device
isa-debug-exit,iobase=0xf4,iosize=0x4 -kernel ./x86/msr.flat

I think it is worth here to point out that with new qemu, after the
unittest is done, the exit status of qemu is 1, different from the
'old style', whose exit status in successful completion is 0.

^ "comment above"

+exec ${command} "$@"

^ What about checking the exit status of qemu here and print
something like "test $@ PASS" or "test $@ FAIL"?

How do we know how to interpret it?
Overall I think it's best to rely on test output
than on return status.

See comment above. Well, test output may be good for humans, but it is really not good for machines [1], that's why when the test suite was developed, the convention was to make qemu to exit with a given return code on success and others on failure. Anyway, it was just a suggestion, feel free to disregard it.

[1] having to parse the output and try to guess what is a pass or fail is a mess at best, and should be avoided unless we positively have no saner way of doing it.