Il 28/06/2013 03:01, Ken Roberts ha scritto:
>> > More details on "not bootable" would be nice. Do you get a blue screen?
>> > Seabios screen? You may need to prep the image before you convert it
>> > (google mergeide).
>
> Not sure if you support screenshots on the list, so I'm typing it below the
> post.
>
> The only configured device is the hard disk, it is INSTANTLY showing Boot
> failed: not a bootable disk.

If you attach one of your Windows images to one of the Linux VMs and run
the Linux VM on Parallels, what does "file -s" say if you pass it the
Windows disk?

And what does "file" say (on the host) about the same Windows image
after conversion to raw?

Also, can you do

dd if=/path/to/windows-image.raw bs=512 count=1 | od -tx1

(of course you have to replace /path/to/windows-image.raw) and include
the output?

Paolo