On 13/07/17 20:20, Christoffer Dall wrote:
> When running the vtimer test on an APM X-Gene, setting the timer value
> to (2^64 - 1) apparently results in the timer always firing, even
> thought the counter is mich lower than the cval.

Note that the system counter is only guaranteed to be at least 56 bit
wide (see DDI0487B.a G5.1.2), and I seem to remember that X-Gene only
has the minimum. This could explain why setting the comparator to a
value greater than (2^56 - 1) leads to a firing timer (the comparator
appears to be in the past).

Thanks,

        M.