Hi Dave,

On 26/02/2019 12:06, Dave Martin wrote:
On Thu, Feb 21, 2019 at 01:36:26PM +0000, Julien Grall wrote:
Hi Dave,

On 18/02/2019 19:52, Dave Martin wrote:
+       /*
+        * Mismatches above sve_max_virtualisable_vl are fine, since
+        * no guest is allowed to configure ZCR_EL2.LEN to exceed this:
+        */
+       if (sve_vl_from_vq(bit_to_vq(b)) <= sve_max_virtualisable_vl) {
+               pr_warn("SVE: cpu%d: Unsupported vector length(s) present\n",
+                       smp_processor_id());

Would it be worth to print the unsupported vector length?

Possibly not, but admittedly the intent is a bit unclear in this patch.

See my reply to Julien Thierry (and respond on that subthread if you
have comments, so that we don't end up with two subthreads discussing
the same thing...)

I will have a look at the thread.

Cheers,

--