Dear Ran,

I am not sure what you mean by « the real energy values of the system »:
the system has indeed a width W but no length, it is infinite along the other
direction. How the system is separated between a finite central region and the
leads
is totally arbitrary (and should not affect the results).

The results should not be affected by the particular points you pick on the
Transmision versus
Energy curve. However, beware of the energy units. In the example, the hopping
between sites has been set to 1.
In a scheme where you discretize the Schrodinger equation, it means that you
energy unit is hbar^2/(2 m a^2) where
a is the discretization step (in meter).

If you want to get the discrete energies of the finite system, just don’t
attach the leads and diagonalize the obtained Hamiltonian as shown in
https://kwant-project.org/doc/1/tutorial/spectrum
<https://kwant-project.org/doc/1/tutorial/spectrum> (for a different system).
You will get a spectrum E = 2 cos (pi*nx/W) + 2 cos (pi*ny/L) which matches
your spectrum for small nx and ny
when using the correct units.

Happy kwanting,

Xavier