On 9/4/2011 3:44 PM, Danishka Navin wrote:
On Mon, Sep 5, 2011 at 2:04 AM, Dale Erwin<d...@casaerwin.org>  wrote:

On 9/4/2011 1:28 AM, Rimas Kudelis wrote:

2011.09.04 06:59, Dale Erwin rašė:

I am new to this list and am not a coder. I am a retired mainframe
programmer and have been a user of Open Office since its introduction.
In fact, I even used Star Office before that. I have just recently
downloaded Libre Office because of the uncertainty I perceive about
Open Office.

I would like to know what is necessary to add a new language to Libre
Office. I would imagine that coding is not necessary but only
translations need to be done, but where does one start?

You're right, coding is not necessary at all. A (very) short intro on
localizing LibreOffice is available at
https://translations.**documentfoundation.org/<https://translations.documentfoundation.org/>.
In any case, writing to
this list is a very good first step.

The language I'm interested in adding is Neapolitan.  I does not have a
two-letter identifier, but ISO 639-2 assigns it a three-letter identifier of
"nap" but it is not included in the list of languages at the site in your
link above.

I believe this list is where I am supposed to make the request that it be
added, so I hereby request that Neapolitan be added to the list.

Have you created a pootle account?
https://translations.documentfoundation.org

Yes, I have.

--