Quite. Even the little compounding we have leads to problems in highly inflected languages. Yes/No is another of those, which is unfortunately one that the OO team forgot, because a great many languages don't have a single word for yes and no and rely on the repetition of the verb.

The only way in which you could increase compounding without forcing crap translations in a lot of languages would be using something like Pology (http://websvn.kde.org/trunk/l10n-support/pology/doc/user/) but I suspect that's not going to happen in a hurry.

That aside, Bliadhna Mhath Ùr/Happy New Year to y' all!

Michael

31/12/2011 12:08, sgrìobh Martin Srebotnjak:
Yes, they are shorter, but in languages with cases, such as all
Slavic ones, you get incorrect translations. So 10 languages are ok and all
the rest not ...