Hi :)
I think you are correct but maybe add "in" or "with" at the end.

Sorry, i am English (Uk/GB) and English (US) always seems to use the wrong
prepositions (such as; in, with, to) so i am never sure which one to use now.

I had to re-read the paragraph quite a few times to make sure!!  At first i
thought they were trying to make it into a past-tense but you can see from the
context that they weren't.  I think they simply got caught out by trying to be
too precise.  They seem to want to say it's not you personally that is going to
use the "Java Runtime" because it's really the "%ProductName" that will be
using it.

It's a bit like trying to explain to a police officer that you weren't smoking
illegally.  It was the cigarette/cigar that was smoking and you were just
inhaling the smoke it made.

Also it might be better to make the R of Runtime into a capital letter?
Perhaps also the E of Environment.  Often "Java Runtime Environment" gets
shortened to "JRE".  Does that make a difference for translations?  So, i think
they meant;

"The %PRODUCTNAME configuration has been changed. Under %PRODUCTNAME -
Preferences - %PRODUCTNAME - Advanced, select the Java Runtime
Environment you want to use in/with %PRODUCTNAME."

Regards from
Tom :)