I don't think that was the problem with Pootle though, that was just devs not commenting strings, which is a problem whatever the platform. Moving to Weblate won't solve that ;)

Am Michael Eile [The other Michael]

Sgrìobh Michael Wolf na leanas 30/08/2019 aig 11:31:
Hi,

I miss still a really important feature for translators: Localization notes that make the meaning of English strings clearer. there are e.g. simple things like: Is a word a noun or a verb, e.g. "download". Some words can have a different menaing in another context. There are those strange comments instead, with cryptic strings. I do not know what those cryptic strings shall mean.

Weblate would be a chance to bring this feature in. In the past, someone started to use localization notes on Pootle but they were a few only.

Then, I did not find the option to filter strings in the strings overview of a file anymore so I can display e.g. untranslated strings only.

Regards,

Michael Wolf

--
*Akerbeltz <http://www.faclair.com/>*
Goireasan Gàidhlig air an lìon

*Tha Gàidhlig aig a' choimpiutair agad, siuthad, feuch e!*
Iomadh rud eadar prògraman oifis, brabhsairean, predictive texting,
geamannan is mòran a bharrachd. Tadhail oirnn aig www.iGàidhlig.net <http://www.iGaidhlig.net/>