Hi Rhoslyn, *,

On Fri, Nov 22, 2019 at 12:23 PM Rhoslyn Prys <p...@meddal.com> wrote:

> Yes, I'm getting the same messages:
>
> " Please fix errors in the form.
> Error in parameter method: This field is required. "

So I guess same cause here - not picking one of the upload modes.

> I downloaded cu/messages and translated it in Poedit. Poedit is
> complaining about:
>
> format specification in 'msgid' and 'msgstr' for argument 1 are not the same
>
> #. pA7RB
> #: cui/inc/tipoftheday.hrc:208
> #, c-format
> msgctxt "RID_CUI_TIPOFTHEDAY"
> msgid "When you're creating a Style based on another, you can enter a
> percentage value or a point value (e.g. 110% or -2pt or +5pt)."
> msgstr "Wrth greu Arddull yn seiliedig ar un arall, gallwch nodi gwerth
> canrannol neu werth pwynt (e.e. 110% neu -2pt neu +5pt)."

it thinks the string is some placeholder string, so false positive.
it has c-format label, and there placeholders have the form
%[parameter][flags][width][.precision][length]type

A space would be a valid flag (add space for positive number, but a
"-" for negative values) - so "% o" from source string and "% n" are
different, hence it complains/warns.
But that's not the cause of the error

> I'm not clear what error is here.

the c-format label on the string is misleading/wrong technically. If
it were used as a c-format/placeholder string, the percent signs would
have to be escaped:
… 110%% or -2pt…
but the string is not used as a placeholder string, so the c-format is
added errornously by xgettext - the strings from hrc files are
extracted using this command:
xgettext -C --add-comments --keyword=NC_:1c,2 --keyword=NNC_:1c,2,3
--from-code=UTF-8 --no-wrap cui/inc/tipoftheday.hrc -o
/tmp/messages.po

But seems the strings in the file don't use c-string style placeholder
definitions for all strings, but a mix of  $1 ... $2 style and also %1
or $(ARG1) $(ARG2)...
only 16 strings seems to be using c-style format like this:
NC_("SV_STDTEXT_SERVICENOTAVAILABLE", "The component (%s) could not be
loaded.\nPlease start setup with the repair option.")
But even then it is not real c-format string, but later replaced by a
find and replace (so the placeholder can be anything)

All others use a freestyle-way of placholder %SOMELABEL, the $1 style,
the %1 style or $(ARG1) style...
So "fix" for the bogus warning is to change the xgettext invocation to
not assume C++ format strings/strip the c-format label from the
result.

> Any ideas? I'm not sure it's creating
> the above error, though.

The warning is unrelated.
Make sure to pick a file-upload-mode and uploading should work.

ciao

Christian