Matthias Seidel wrote:
I did a password reset with my private mail address some time ago and
did not receive a mail until now.

After today's tests it seems clear that the odd case was when I did receive the mail. In all other cases it failed. I've opened https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-16004 for Infra to take a look.

There hasn't been a CAPTCHA if there should be one...

In one of my attempts (3, and all unsuccessful, meaning that the mail was reportedly sent but I never got it, like Keith and you) a CAPTCHA was shown on the second screen, before the "We've e-mailed you instructions" message was displayed.

Regards,
  Andrea.