Mechtilde wrote:
I don't know anything about automatically inserted accelerations.

I confirm we have an algorithm that assigns accelerators automatically when they are not specified.

The only drawback is that this way they won't be stable if new menu items are introduced, meaning that adding a new menu item could cause old accelerators to change.

This is a minor problem though, as in most cases one relies on the keyboard shortcuts (CTRL-O, CTRL-S and so on) which are still stable, and not on a sequence of accelerators.

In general, I think we can avoid accelerators in translations and rely on the automatic assignment.

Regards,
  Andrea.