Openswan works fine for me with L2TP. If you can connect to the L2TPd,
then the IPSec part should be fine. I expect that you are having
either a firewall or a routing issue.

Stephan

I have not used Openswan 1.03 or Smoothwall with the Mac but I had some
success with with its predecessor SuperFreeS/WAN:

http://www.jacco2.dds.nl/networking/freeswan-panther.html

Jacco

--
Stephan Scholz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> | Development
Astaro AG | www.astaro.com | Phone +49-721-490069-0 | Fax -55

Awards for ASL:
- Nätverk & Kommunikation Magazine, Sweden: "Five Stars" - October 2003
- Linux Enterprise Readers' Choice Award: Best Firewall - October 2003
- LinuxWorld Product Excellence Award: Best Security Solution - August 2003
- "Excellent" Infoworld Magazine - August 2003