On Fri, 10 Dec 2004, Jacco de Leeuw wrote:

I'm not so sure that the Mac is at fault because it works on Linux with
Openswan and racoon:

http: //www.jacco2.dds.nl/networking/freeswan-panther.html
http: //www.funknet.org/doc/tunnel/l2tp.html

Hmm, that's a good point. I've actually been using those pages as a reference while setting up the connection. I don't think it's necessarily a problem with the racoon setup (or the isakmpd setup) because it does talk L2TP/IPSec right up until the PPP connection starts.

Is there a NAT device involved somewhere? I have not tested the Mac's
NAT-T with Linux so this could be a factor.

There's no NAT; perhaps I should have mentioned that these machines are phyiscally next to each other at the moment, connected to the same hub. They'll be in different locations eventually, but there will be no NAT present (the OpenBSD box will *be* the NAT device). Also, last I read, there was no NAT-T on the Mac yet.

Thanks,
        David