WHAT I HEARD ABOUT IRAQ

Now playing every Thursday at 8:00 PM until December 15th 
 
The Fountain Theatre 
5060 Fountain Ave
Los Angeles CA 90029

Call (323-663-1525) for ticket information
 <http://www.fountaintheatre.com/> www.fountaintheatre.com
 
 
 Review of 
"WHAT I HEARD ABOUT IRAQ"
by Frank Dorrel
 
"WHAT I HEARD ABOUT IRAQ" is the most IMPORTANT & MOVING play I have
ever seen! Go see it as soon as you can at The Fountain Theatre in
Hollywood (323-663-1525). This amazing play is very timely as it exposes
many of the LIES about this "so called war in Iraq" that our government
has been waging. I saw it last night and was affected more then I could
have imagined. This play puts together the chronology of U.S.
involvement in the war while, at the same time, allows the audience to
understand and feel the tremendous suffering the Iraqi people have been
subjected to. I believe this very well written and superbly preformed
presentation has the ability to reach into people's hearts and minds and
will motivate many to take action. The five actors in this play were
brilliant and went beyond themselves in bringing the message to the
audience. All of the quotes were real, whether they were coming from
George Bush, Dick Cheney, Donald Rumsfield, Colin Powell, Condoleeza
Rice, Tony Blair, American soldiers or from Iraqi citizens who have
experienced the death of their loved ones and the devastation of their
country.
 
When the play ended, director Simon Levy invited the audience to
participate in sharing their feelings and thoughts with the actors about
what they had just experienced and about the war itself. I give my
highest praise to Simon Levy, to the actors, Marc Casabani, Darcy
Halsey, Tony Pasqualini, Bernadette Speakes and Ryun Yu and to Eliot
Weinberger, who wrote the article "What I Heard About Iraq" from which
this play was based. 
 
"WHAT I HEARD ABOUT IRAQ" is scheduled to close on December 15th.  I
would like to see it playing in theatres all over the country. The
Fountain Theatre is very unique and intimate, but has less then 100
seats. In the future, I would like to see this production playing at a
much larger theatre here in Los Angeles or have this run at The Fountain
extended until this war is over. 
 
Questions ~ Email assistant director Riley Steiner at:
[EMAIL PROTECTED] 
 
 
Others Reviews of  "WHAT I HEARD ABOUT IRAQ"
 
 
LOS ANGELES TIMES -
"SUPERB! STUNNING! COMPELLING! ... FIERCE IN ITS ANTIWAR BLOW... Levy's
razor-sharp staging features superb production elements [with a] KEENLY
CALIBRATED ENSEMBLE... Levy is clearly a man on a mission, and his
passionately antiwar play is unapologetically biased. But, then, the
sheer aggregate of disaster in Iraq, recapitulated here, makes a
compelling case against a mounting misadventure that President Bush
labeled, with no conscious irony, a 'catastrophic success.'... AN OFTEN
STUNNING DISTILLATION OF AMERICAN HUBRIS AND DENIAL, 'WHAT I HEARD ABOUT
IRAQ' SHOULD BE VIEWED WITH AN OPEN MIND, REGARDLESS OF POLITICAL
AFFILIATION." - F. Kathleen Foley
 
 
L.A. WEEKLY -
RECOMMENDED! - GO!
"Director Simon Levy smoothly orchestrates his adaptation [with] five
VERSATILE ACTORS... THE WORK TAKES ON AN URGENT LIFE ALL ITS OWN AS WE
RE-EXPERIENCE THE ADMINISTRATION'S LUNATIC HUBRIS.- Steven Mikulan
 
 
VARIETY -
"EXTRAORDINARY PERFORMERS! SPINE-CHILLING!... Their fluidly directed
interplay encompasses overlapping dialogue as they pitch lines to each
other with the precision of baseball stars... A CRY OF OUTRAGE delivered
by five actors, exposing the deceptive strategies and heartless acts of
violence perpetrated by the Bush administration." - Joel Hirschhorn
 
 
AMERICAN RADIO NETWORK (KCLA, KLAS, KPRO-AM, KMAX-AM) 
CRITIC'S PICK!
"A MUST SEE EVENT!... Simon Levy has adapted this brilliantly and
directs as well... SENSATIONAL five member ensemble... performing
various roles they vividly bring to life... IT DOESN'T MATTER WHAT YOUR
POLITICAL POINT OF VIEW IS, THE PLAY IS CONTEMPLATIVE, PROVOKING, SMART,
CLEVER, WITTY, AND FASCINATING." - Gerri Garner
 
 
BACK STAGE WEST -
"EMOTIONAL!... An effective survey of the tragic bumbling,
self-delusion, and dishonesty around the American invasion of Iraq...
Levy uses music, still photographs, and video to add dramatic texture to
the cascade of quotes, which are drawn from government and military
officials, as well as from rank-and-file American soldiers and Iraqi
civilians... A RALLYING CRY to end the war quickly, but few of our
responsible leaders seem willing to adopt that position anytime soon.
Instead we are forced to look back in sadness at a tragedy for which,
unfortunately, we all bear some responsibility and look ahead with
trepidation to the final acts of this epic drama." - Hoyt Hilsman
 
 
 
The Fountain Theatre
5060 Fountain Ave
Los Angeles CA 90029
323-663-1525
www.fountaintheatre.com
 


[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]





------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> 
Help save the life of a child. Support St. Jude Children's Research Hospital.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/ons1pC/lbOLAA/E2hLAA/7gSolB/TM
--------------------------------------------------------------------~-> 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
LAAMN: Los Angeles Alternative Media Network
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Unsubscribe: <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Subscribe: <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Digest: <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Help: <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Post: <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Archive1: <http://www.egroups.com/messages/laamn>
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Archive2: <http://www.mail-archive.com/[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/laamn/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    [EMAIL PROTECTED]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
 




Reply via email to