Community  Forum

 SB1070:  Arizona, Aguanta! Los Angeles se Levanta!
   Discussion on Current Immigration Politics and Report back from July 29th LA
delegation to Phoenix

    Day/Time
   Saturday, August 21, 2010 · 11:00am

    Location Centro Cultural Francisco Villa
 2100 Maple Ave.
 Los Angeles, CA 90011
 (In front of Santee Education Complex)

 Topics

 (1) Report back and picture/video presentation from the  July 29th LA
delegation to Phoenix, AZ  by Adrian Alvarez: member of the Association of
Latin American Gardners, Revografia and the Southern California Immigration
Coalition (SCIC)

 (2) A panel of speakers on SB1070, Police Checkpoints here in LA that  are
stealing vehicles from our people and last weeks $600 million increase to
Border Enforcement/ICE Terror.

 Panelists:

 Ernesto Yerena: Widely acclaimed artist and member of Alto Arizona Campaign.
Founder of Hecho con Ganas.

 Celina Benitez: Member of CISPES and the SCIC. Was arrested by Sherrif
Arpaio's sherrifs in Phoenix.

 Ron Gochez: Member, Union del Barrio and the SCIC

 (3) Discussion: What's next for our movement? How do  we continue to struggle
against these racist and anti-human  policies?

 Entry is Free!! We will be selling documentaries, drinks…etc. to  raise funds
to advance the political work of Union del Barrio and to keep the  Centro
Cultural Francisco Villa open in South Central LA!

 Who: Organized  by Union del Barrio: Base Tierra y Libertad

 For more information:  323-602-3480 or 323-602-3425

  Ron Gochez
 Social Justice Educator/Community Organizer
 Union del Barrio: Base Tierra y Libertad

=