Lee Siu Hin: 2011 New Year Message and  Reflections from 2010  

Dear all:
 
Happy New Year 2011 from Shanghai, China! Middle of my China-U.S.  
solidarity working trip!
 

12/31/2010 12:59:59PM: Tens of thousands people watching the  new year 
countdown at Shanghai's Xintiandi shopping district
 
 
For the past several months, I had been working to setup our office in  
China, we'd received a grant from China--Project 530 URL: 
_http://www.530.gov.cn/_ (http://www.530.gov.cn/)  it's an national  scientific 
grants from 
Chinese government at the city of Wuxi (west of  Shanghai, 35 min travel time 
by 
high-speed train) includes grant money,  free office and the free housing to 
develop next generation IT technologies for  community use in U.S. and 
China.
 

Wuxi High-Speed Railroad Station (runs the new world fastest  350KMH 
high-speed train)
 
Therefore, I'll travel frequently between China U.S. and other  countries 
for this project, as well as building a cultural, scientific,  mutually 
respect bi-national solidarity activist movements between China and  U.S.

Last week we'd finalized the contract details, and beginning  the company 
setup process. If everything going as we plan,  we'll be moving to our new 
office in Wuxi at April 1st,  2011!
 

Room 906 (We'll have the office between the 906 doors from left  to right), 
this could be our office by April, 2011!
 

Room 906..with bright sunlights
 

Building lobby


Building lobby



I am taking this step because this is a critical moment for global peace  
and justice movements. Obama's 2 years in the office had crushed all our hope 
 for better world and became even worse then Bush's era. Every single 
negative  prediction I made when Obama elected 2 years ago became reality (Read 
 
my 2008 article "What We Should Expect from President Barak Obama?" URL: 
_http://www.peacenowar.net/newpeace/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=44
3&Itemid=1_ 
(http://www.peacenowar.net/newpeace/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=443&Itemid=1)
 )
 
For the past tow years, there's no doubt many "left" had been sold out  
their soul and principles to the U.S. imperialist/pro-multinational  
corporate/pro-war agendas for hyper-billion corporate bailout/military 
spending,  and 
cutting social welfare of the poor and supporting the  near-Nazi-type 
Islamophobia/anti-immigrant agendas. Internationally,  Obama had become 
"Obomba" 
as many peace activists say: Continue and  esclate proxy U.S.-mercenary 
occupation in Iraq, expand war in Afghanistan  and Pakistan, and beating up war 
drums with their client states against North  Korea, Venezuela, Iran, 
Lebanon... as well as covert and overt new  cold war with China and Russia..
 
U.S. left has no doubt had lost its direction, the anti-war/global justice  
movements had been shrink to historically low..donation has been dropped to 
the  bottom as well as the protest size. Progressive left and peace loving 
activists  should not be afraid to step down from self-serving U.S. = truth 
that U.S. is  the solutions for global problem, rather, we should honestly 
listen to others,  and allow people from the global south and the people of 
color from our  inner-city to critique us and sincerely listen to them how to 
lead our  movements. 
 
That's the reason why I am coming to China.
 
Here's an interesting website created by Chinese cyber activists: 
_http://en.m4.cn/_ (http://en.m4.cn/) 
 
Although I am Chinese, speaks perfect Chinese and consider to be China  
expert. By no mean I am coming here with hi-style and telling them what to  
do--Rather, I am humbly coming here with super-low budget+my identity sealed: I 
 identify myself as: Chinese kid from country side never went to foreign  
country and don't speaks English ("Los Angeles? Where's the hell is  that?"), 
working a part-time job with low pay in Shanghai to pay my rent and  food; 
living, working and eating with ordinarily Chinese working class everyday  
without anyone suspect who I am, what I do, where I am from. 
 
I live in a cheapest "student apartment" in the city center--actually a 6  
people bunker-beds room (smaller then a regular Motel 6 rooms) with 5 others 
 "bed potato" roommates (500 RMB = 75 USD per month), my daily food budget  
is approx.15 RMB (~ 2.3 USD).


My bunker bed - 1st floor


My "bed potato" roommates - 2nd floor (yes, he eat, sleep,  playing 
computer 24 hrs/day without ever leave the bed! (except go to  bathroom)



I don't arrive to do this in just coming out from nowhere, it's my very  
careful thought on how to build the better world, peace and justice--an  
opportunities to work together for the future to build culture, scientific,  
mutually respect bi-national solidarity between U.S. an other countries.
 
For the New Year 2011, I hope my work from the last year will be  coming 
fruitful..I also want to thanks for many people had help my  activism works 
for the past several years: Don, Tom, Chuck, Robert, Lisa,  Louis, Eric, 
Alice, Hank...and more.
 
Finally, same as for the past 15 years, I wihes you everyone:
 
Peace on Earth
End World Hunger
Justice for eveyone
One Ture Love
 
 
Happy New Year 2011!
 

 
 


李小轩 Lee Siu Hin







National Coordinator
National Immigrant Solidarity Network _http://www.ImmigrantSolidarity.org_ 
(http://www.immigrantsolidarity.org/)  
Action LA Network _http://www.ActionLA.org_ (http://www.actionla.org/)  
Peace NO War Network _http://www.PeaceNOWar.net_ 
(http://www.peacenowar.net/)  
Activist Video Service _http://www.ActivistVideo.org_ 
(http://www.activistvideo.org/)  

 

New York: (212)330-8172
Los Angeles:  (213)403-0131
Washington D.C.: (202)595-8990
Chicago:  (773)942-2268


Please consider making a donation  to the important work of National 
Immigrant Solidarity Network 

Send  check pay to:
National Immigrant Solidarity  Network/AFGJ

National Immigrant Solidarity  Network
P.O. Box 751
South Pasadena, CA 91031-0751
(All donations are tax deductible)


[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]



------------------------------------

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
LAAMN: Los Angeles Alternative Media Network
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Unsubscribe: <mailto:[email protected]>
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Subscribe: <mailto:[email protected]>
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Digest: <mailto:[email protected]>
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Help: <mailto:[email protected]?subject=laamn>
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Post: <mailto:[email protected]>
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Archive1: <http://www.egroups.com/messages/laamn>
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Archive2: <http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]>
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/laamn/

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/laamn/join
    (Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
    [email protected] 
    [email protected]

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    [email protected]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

Reply via email to