> Why would you be driving on the pavement? We drive on the road and walk on
> the pavement (sidewalk).
>
> Jean in Poole

And if you're a cyclist, you ride on the pavement - or at least they do in
London.  And speed through red lights...  And go the wrong way down one-way
streets...  Grrr!

London cyclists are right up there with loud-Walkman-wearers and people who
put their feet up on seats in the trains as far as I'm concerned - bring
back capital punishment for the lot of them! <g>

Annette,
London