The Borders Lacemakers' annual Lace Day was held yesterday (Saturday) in
Newport, Gwent (south Wales).  Our speaker was Norman willis who was General
Secretary of the Trades Union Congress for nine years and who took up stitching in
his returement.  His illustrated talk covered a selected history of his
stitching achievemtns with asides on all manner of subjects.  I think his talk wins
the laughter ratings over all the talks I have heard.  Though to be fair to
many of the talks they have been extremely interesting and informative.  To
those of you in the UK I would say if you ever have the opportunity of hearing
Norman Willis give a talk entitled "Serendipidy" seize the opportunity.  You will
not regret it.

I think we all had a very good day and many or us, including me, spent more
than we intended to :-)

patricia in Wales