At 04:32 PM 11/26/2003 -0800, you wrote:
>but I was wondering what those who do are planning to do for the day.
>Is there a favorite recipe you will make?  Maybe something you've done for
>years or your family did before you?  Will you be with family or friends?
Will
>lace play a part? Is there something that sticks out in your mind that you
are
>very thankful for?

There are only two of us, so I serve up Thanksgiving Dinner the easy way --
bought already cooked and just needing heated up.  Only takes about an hour
of actual effort -- spread out over about 2-1/2 hours.  Weather is supposed
to be nasty, so we will probably just stay indoors and be lazy.  I think
I'll have DH bring up a bottle of wine to go with the turkey.

Yes, lace will probably be part of the 'being lazy' bit as we watch TV.
I'm still making ornaments--just starting number eight.  I hope to make
three more at least before I get tired of these patterns.

I'm thankful for medium good health and no aching hip, so I can do my
many activities with minimum pain.

DH and I got out of the habit of traveling to family for this day when we
had the store.  Family was too far away for a one-day trip and the store
was open the day after Thanksgiving.  Now it's habit to have a quiet day.

Now I have to run to the store to pick up this the box with the ready-
to-heat meal items.  (Turkey, potatoes, gravy, dressing, pie, rolls,
cranberry sauce, and maybe more that I can't think of right now.)  It's
worth the cost of the food to not have to spend the whole day in the
kitchen. I can't make lace in the kitchen!

Happy lacing,

Alice in Oregon -     Happy Thanksgiving to all USA lacemakers!!
Oregon Country Lacemakers
Arachne Secret Pal Administrator
Mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]