In addition to red stillettos and clogs, I also had bright red
trainers/aerobic boots when I was diagnosed with RA and my feet needed
support. The physios gave me the choice of free made-to-measure hospital
shoes (yugh!) or buy-them-myself trainers. Well, which would you have
chosen? Because I was wearing skirts and dresses for work at the time, I
decided that if I had to have trainers which would look a bit odd with a
skirt, I might as well be bold about it and make them really noticeable. So
I chose bright red. My students thought they were great.

Jean in Poole