Dear Secret Pal with the changing identity

Thank you for another great package which arrived on Saturday, actually it's a package full of packages - must have taken you ages to wrap everything so beautifully. I have already put some of the beads onto bobbins; and I'm intrigued by the cards, especially the one with applied lace.

At first I thought it was a piece of embroidered net and looked at at closely to see if it was hand or machine run and it's neither! Looks to be some sort of paint applied to the underneath of the net. I've not seen anything quite like it before. Did you make it or was it commercially produced? Either way it's going into my lace collection although I would like to know the name of the technique.

Thank you
Brenda
http://www.argonet.co.uk/users/paternoster/