I spent today (another 40c beauty) demonstrating lacemaking at the Stitches and
Craft Fair here in Sydney.   It was not as crowded as in previous years, thank
goodness, but my head's still  swimming.

I came home to find the power had been off for 3 1/2 hours.  Another
three hours passed, and we had enough power to show the display on the
microwave, and spark the electric ignition on the gas cooktop.  DH tried the
overhead lights, but no luck.   He then went out to a meeting, and I'm sitting
there with the only light (his desktop fluro)which seems to want to work, and
candles around the room,  reading.

By now we've also got a red standby light on the television, which eventually
made me curious....did we have enough power to work a television?   YES!
So, even more curious, I tried a couple of other things...and they worked
too.  But still no lights.   So then I went out to the fuse box, which
husband had previously checked and assured me everything was on.     He's
still out, so he doesn't know yet - everything was on.....except the master
switch to the lights!!!!!

Three hours sitting in the dark for no purpose!!

Ruth Budge (Sydney, Australia)

http://greetings.yahoo.com.au - Yahoo! Greetings
Send your love online with Yahoo! Greetings - FREE!