Hi everyone

and I forget who included this interesting word "mathom: in their message
re gathering gift stuff for secret pal or other purposes - but this is a
new one for me, and must be an old word! I can't find it in any dictionary
of mine then I googled for it, and found it is used (invented?) by none
other than The linguist professor himself, JRR Tolkien "A mathom, as we
learn in Lord of the Rings (on or about pg. 65), is an item which is not
necessarily useful but which you don't want to throw away."

--
bye for now
Bev, intrigued, in Sooke, BC (where there is sunshine on the west coast of