>I wonder if Keil's being Danish means that the lacemaker herself is
>Danish also (rather than Dutch)? Does anyone know?

Not necessarily! I saw a painting of a lacemaker in New Zealand painted by
a NZ artist, but the lacemaker was Spanish!!
I thought I had bought a postcard of it, but can't find it anywhere!!
Drat! has anyone seen it? It was painted at the beginning of the 20th
century, but I can't remember the artist's name. I was certain it was in
Christchurch Art Gallery, but someone told me they didn't see her there
when they went.  I'll just have to go back to NZ to look for her myself!
:-))

Helene, the froggy from Melbourne

http://au.movies.yahoo.com