Hi Fellow-Arachneans,

I was looking at a catalog which sells T-shirts with funny sayings
& one was printed with a fish and had the following also on the shirt:

Give a man a fish
and he has food for a day.
[Picture of a fish is here]
Teach a man to fish
and he has to buy bamboo rods,
graphite reels, monofilament lines,
neoprene waders, creels,
tackle-boxes, lures, flies,
spinners, worm rigs, slip sinkers,
offset hooks, gore-tex hats,
20 pocket vests, fish finders, depth
sounders, radar, boats, trailers,
global positioning systems,
coolers and six-packs.

My idea was for a T-shirt that says something like:

Give a person a piece of lace
and they will .............................
[enlarged length of lace inserted here]
Teach a person to make lace
and they need to buy a lace pillow, pins,
a pin-cushion, a dozen bobbins, a pricker,
cotton thread, cover cloths, lace books,
linen thread, a few more bobbins, scissors,
lace patterns, and of course more bobbins.

What would you say for the ending of the first sentence?
And is there anything you would add to the list of things needed?

Maybe someone might even put it into production?

Penelope Piip originally from Sydney, Australia, now a resident of Groton, MA, USA.