At 12:41 AM 5/6/04 -0400, Tamara P. Duvall wrote:

[snip]

>> From: N.L.

[snip]

>"Ah", he says "should have done this first, shouldn't I".

I recall a real "should have done this first".   I once dropped in at the
hospital to have two tests done.  The first was excruciatingly painful, the
second required me to hold my head absolutely motionless for -- probably
thirty seconds, but it felt like eternity.

If they'd done the second test first, I wouldn't have passed out.

Well, I didn't exactly pass out -- when I absolutely had to sit down for a
few minutes, there was no chair in sight, so I sat on the floor.  Suddenly
sinking to the floor when surrounded by doctors and R.N.s is not a good idea
for those who wish to be allowed to leave quietly.

(Especially those who tend to get dizzy when subjected to enormous amounts
of fussy attention . . . )

--
Joy Beeson
[EMAIL PROTECTED]