Noelene wrote:
>..At the time of Federation (1900), taxation absorbed 6 per cent of the
>nation's GDP and Tax Freedom Day was January 23. In 2002, Tax Freedom
>Day was April 22, so Australians spent an additional three months
>working purely to service government expenditure.

I think you should point out that our Tax year starts on July 1st,
Noelene, otherwise, everyone will think we don't pay much in tax!!

My biggest gripe since we've started a 10% goods and services tax, is that
for some things, they cahrge you a governement tax, *then" they charge you
10% on top of that, so you pay tax on the tax!! I'm not against paying
taxes, but I think that really stinks!
Helene, the froggy from Melbourne

http://au.movies.yahoo.com