Linda wrote: >...If anyone's interested, here's my alternative trifle!...
Oh, yumm! Linda, I must try this one one day. My version is really nice, but a lot quicker than David's Buy a Swiss roll with jam, not cream at the supermarket, and a big tin of "fruit salad (or 2 if you like a lot of fruit!) Cut the swiss roll into 8 slices, then each slice in 2 so you can position them better at the bottom of a glass bowl with straight edges (I use my Corningware kitchen ones) Splash happily with sherry or madeira. The quantity is at your discretion, but not toooo much! You don't want to drown the cake! Empty the fruit salad tin through a sieve reserve the juice to use when you make the jelly, put the fruit on top of the swiss roll. Make up a packet of Aeroplane raspberry or Port wine jelly, using the juice and water to top up. When the jelly is fairly cool but not set (I make it with a bit of boiling water and the rest cold to speed up the cooling) pour carefully oer swissroll to cover everything. Put in fridge to set. Meanwhile, you can start making up your custard (Bird's eye powder). Cool down but stir from time to time to avoid skin. When the jelly is fully set (I usually make the first part the day before, then the custard the day after, if I'm not in a hurry)and the custard fairly cool, pour custard over. Put in fridge again to set. You can decorate with whipped cream if you wish. Yours in lace and food... Helene, the froggy from wet Melbourne Find local movie times and trailers on Yahoo! Movies. http://au.movies.yahoo.com To unsubscribe send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] containing the line: unsubscribe lace-chat [EMAIL PROTECTED] For help, write to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
