Dear gentle spiders,

Yesterday (Tuesday) we had several snow flurries & a light dusting overnight.
Then mid-morning it started snowing for several hours & now there is a good
couple of centimeters which has accumulated on all the trees & the ground.

So winter is finally here in Tartu. And I've been tatting some snowflakes.
Mary Piper's "Tatting" book has some interesting patterns. I adapted one
four-pointed motif I liked into six points. I found that by using mock rings
& split rings, cutting & tying off after making a round can be eliminated.

I would like to remind everyone about celebrating St Catherine's Day on
the 25th, next Wednesday. I'm hoping to make some Cattern Cookies.

Stay warm & happy,
Pene Piip,
who now lives in the "white" city of Tartu in the Republic of Estonia.